0% Interest Loan Home Repair Program from City of Detroit

The City has a program which may be a good source of funding to cover some or all of the remaining repair work on Northwestern and future properties. It looks like the main eligibility requirement is just to have lived at the house for at least 6 months.

The Detroit 0% Home Repair Loans Program offers 0% interest loans from $5,000 to $25,000 to help Detroit homeowners invest in and repair their homes.

All the info to apply is here:

I became aware of this program from this awesome article from Outlier Media: How to buy a house in cash • Outlier Media

Tons of very useful info within lots of other articles they have about housing in Detroit: News • Outlier Media

1 Like

Awesome, thank you @adrian . That sounds ideal for us. I’ll read about it some more to see if there are restrictions, and if an LLC owner can apply for it. There are some things we can only do if a human owns a property, I believe, that become harder when a business or organization owns it.

We satisfy most of these requirements, but it does indeed sound like I have to be the one to apply before the house is transferred to collective ownership, and that this will be the case for future properties.

I will get started for 3731, but i think it’s against the spirit of the program for me to personally occupy future houses to qualify for this loan, and also infeasible! I’m open to ideas of how we can help other first-time homebuyers, like one woman who came to the meetup yesterday, apply to this program for homes they already own and live in.

1 Like

Sounds great @cryptogoth . Let me know if there’s anything I can do to provide support around the application process.

1 Like